Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation
An Exploration of Everyday Presence
This 3-hour meditation workshop will focus on the peace that naturally arises when we sit, breathe, and abide in presence. Scientific research has shown that a daily meditation practice can significantly reduce a number of physical ailments associated with stress, as well as increase feelings of connection, joy, love, wellbeing, and a compassionate engagement with ourselves and the world. While meditation instruction is quite simple, it is not easy. Practicing in a group, with an experienced teacher, can be of great benefit in the development of a daily practice.
Description of Workshop: This 3-hour workshop will consist of lecture and presentation, seated practice, moving practice, and question and answer.
- What is Mindfulness
- Meditation means different things to different people – clarity on what we are practicing
- The current science of Mindfulness
- Simple focused awareness and concentration practices
- Guided seated practice
- Guided Movement practice
- Guided Mindfulness of the Body (all-levels asana practice)
- Developing a daily meditation practice
- Question and Answer
Sunday, October 27, 12:00-3:00*. Power Yoga Works, Malvern, PA
Cost: $50 – BUY HERE
*Pre-registration required. Registration closes October 20th